Ms. Ella Reed
King’s College London – 4 year MRes / PhD, ongoing.
University of Bath –MChem (Hons) in Chemistry, First Class
National University of Singapore – Study Year Abroad
King’s College London
Three month mini projects as part of the BHF MRes programme:
· “Nox4-mediated regulation of substrate metabolism in human endothelial cells”, under the supervision of Professor Ajay Shah
· “Deciphering the molecular mechanisms underlying inhibition of human soluble Epoxide Hydrolase by metals and nitro-fatty acids”, under the supervision of Professor Sasi Conte
· “Vascular Aging – Glycoproteomics of the Extracellular Matrix”, under the supervision of Professor Manuel Mayr.
University of Bath
· Final Year Research Project title: “Development of DNA targeted drugs”, Doctor Dan Pantoș’ Group.
· Subjects: Supramolecular Medicinal Chemistry; G-Quadruplex DNA binding for anticancer agents; Dynamic Combinatorial Chemistry.
· Expecting to get hands on experience in: 1D and 2D NMR, HPLC, Circular Dichroism, Microwave Assisted Synthesis, Fluorescence and UV-vis Spectroscopy.
National University of Singapore
Undergraduate Research Project (UROPS) title: “Synthesis and Characterisation of a super hydrophobic, self-cleaning, near infrared reflective cool pigment”, in Associate Professor Suresh Valiyaveettil’s group.
· Subjects: Novel nanomaterials; Organic synthesis; Hydrophobicity and optical studies.
· Skills: 1H NMR, Fluorescence and UV-Vis Spectroscopy, Thermogravimetric Analysis, Elemental Analysis, FT-IR Spectroscopy, Organic Synthesis, Microemulsion Nanoparticle Synthesis, TLC.
- Co-author on “Synthesis and Characterisation of a super hydrophobic, self-cleaning, near infrared reflective cool pigment” paper, Scientific Reports. Accepted for publishing October 2016.